Friday, January 29, 2010

Technically this is my first post


Alright so, blogging... well here is the plan: 2010 is going to make up for the suckfest that was 2009 cycling-wise. Main goals this year will include staying as far from cars as possible and finishing my first 200 mile race, 100 mtb race, and attempting to log a 100 mile gravel/mtb ride at least once each month. That will be my ride for this and many years to come. It is a custom geometry titanium Kent Eriksen 29er. Singlespeed only and will be run with and without a suspension fork and with Edge Composites carbon rims (bitchin'). I am really excited to see how far and long I can push this bike, and hopefully it acts as constant motivation for me. Unfortunately I will definitely not be able to blame it on the bike this year. This year is a big step for me as I am starting to try and tackle the endurance side of mountain biking. I have a awesome group of guys that I get to ride with that are going to push me every ride...and by "push me" I mean "will constantly be in front of me and I will be dying just to keep up". Luckily for me guys like Shockey and Robnett exist, and the same to be said about people like Steve to put wild ideas about things like the Great Divide race in my head... 2700 miles, are you kidding me? This blogging stuff isn't so hard, maybe i'll keep at it.

3 comments:

  1. nice ride man...what brakes did you go with? and what's the final weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brakes are Sram XX and I really like them. The weight(s) are 21.75 with the fox fork and racing ralph 2.4's as shown in the picture, and 18.6 with a carbon Niner fork and Stan's raven tires.

    ReplyDelete