Monday, March 22, 2010

New sponsor and some much needed dirt time



I am happy to say that I will be riding for Team Q7 this year. I had toiled previously about what I should wear, whether or not it mattered to anyone (including myself), and in general how I felt about the whole team thing...especially in regards to mtn. biking. Boiled down to an obvious choice. Team Q7. Tom and Wanda are awesome people, and I am really happy that they were interested in having me represent their company. The team will be made up of a wide array of people, some who I have never gotten an opportunity to ride with. Some I have.
Aaron Robnett will also ride for Q7 this year. He is one of my favorite people in the world to ride with, and watch ride. I have heard that mountain biking isn't really a team sport, and that is fine, but you can train like a team, and motivate each other, and have in a built support group that competes together and against each other. It made sense that if I was going to be making bold predictions about the season, that I should do it about a teammate. Aaron and I would be traveling together most of the time anyways, so it just falls into place. I am really excited, I hope everyone involved with Team Q7 can benefit by having Aaron and I on the team and on the dirt.

Speaking of... got some riding in on Sunday at Sylvan Island. Did about 22 miles. I was tired. We rode maybe five laps of what we thought could be possible race laps, and then rode some of the rock garden descents and climbs. Had a lot of fun with Brett, Brandon, and Aaron. Brandon took some good pictures so everyone can enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment