Saturday, March 6, 2010

STD/cross bike prep and salsa review

Impressive...

I haven't posted anything for a while so this is going to cover a few topics. I had a birthday on Friday. A really fun ride with Nick, Brett, George, and Aaron. Hit up a couple bars for a few drinks, rode a whole lot, George won most impressive rider of the night. We rode the Coralville trails and they have been so packed and smashed by walkers that it is just constant rumbling but totally rideable. We were trucking right along and Aaron said he would look back and expect George to be falling off the back, since George rides in a very recreational way, and he would be trucking right along. He also rode down a staircase or two, and won a derby. Good night, missed people who couldn't make it, and really appreciated the people who made it out.




I am sorry to Steve that I backed out of riding 113 tomorrow. I found out we had a work meeting at 5 o'clock and there is no way I would be able to get that in. I am a little bummed, but I know I will get a century in this month at STD so that eases the pain. It is nice though because it opened up the opportunity to ride with the group at Doc's house. This is like polar opposite for ride tempo. I am at the luxury now of having spent so much time on the Eriksen before Ouachita, as opposed to last year. I know I am comfortable for a long time, so this leads to the ability to start getting time in on the Crosscheck. Which is what I decided to ride for Dirty Kanza and Gravel Worlds. Earlier this year I wanted to do every single long ride on the Eriksen, but now I am not worried. Then, when I want to go to a faster paced ride I am not concerned about not putting time on that particular saddle. I am pretty excited for the ride tomorrow, and I'll make sure to recap it.



***SALSA REVIEW***



Alright first, probably most crudely done salsa review. We are figuring out our judging criteria but for now it goes like this: texture, heat, taste, and then an overall grade A-F. Heat is going to be not just hotter is better, just how appropriately hot it is, whether it is labeled mild or hot.

Briana's Salsa from Ottumwa Iowa
George rates it: texture: B, heat: D, taste: B-, overall: C
Adam rates it : texture: C, heat: D+, taste: C+, overall: C+

We felt like it lacked any type of heat and was called a medium salsa. The texture was too runny for me. The taste was very mild. It had the basic ingredients of salsa: tomato, garlic, onion, some peppers. The entire salsa was like a puree and made it have a more singular taste instead of tasting the ingredients individually. Even though I know this is the first official salsa review we did compare it to all salsa's we had ever tasted. I'll try to do one of these every week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment