Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ouachita mindset and NEW FEATURE

Ouachita 60 mile mtn. bike race March 28th in Oden, Arkansas. Ouachita 60 mile mtn. bike race March 28th in Oden, Arkansas. Ouachita 60 mile mtn. bike race March 28th in Oden, Arkansas. This is going through my head right now. I just saw two cool videos on XXC's blog from the '09 race. (vid1 vid2)

I really want to work on these things before the race:
  • quicker start up
  • climbing
  • higher intensity
  • work core
  • lose weight
I have some new things implemented to help reach these goals including a new route to school, more yoga, and more focused rides. Just making sure I don't overeat and starting to cut back plus the higher intensity rides should help shed the winter pounds easily. I am lucky that I know my fit on the Eriksen is dialed in. This will allow me to maybe get in some higher intensity efforts on the Crosscheck which is going single for Dirty Kanza and Gravel Worlds. Friday is my birthday, I think we are going to get rowdy on our bikes... foot down for sure, probably some snowy hill climbs and failures. Sunday is a long day, 124 miles maybe. Then in a week, Spring Training in Decorah. I am happy to know that Kent will be there; I enjoy talking with him and riding (trying to keep up with) him. The whole group sounds really good and I imagine the social aspect will be as good as the riding. I think the plan is that besides these three long days, I will do one other 60 mile-ish ride at a high intensity no later than the 20th. The rest of the rides will be focused on either climbing or short high intensity stuff, probably some intervals.

On another note, I am going to start trying a new salsa every week or so and my roommate George and I will grade the salsas on texture, heat, and taste and then give the salsa an overall grade. I plan to try some wild salsas in the future but we will ease into it. That first salsa will be posted in a day or so.

1 comment: