Tuesday, February 2, 2010

54: the good the bad the ugly and cold

Got 54 wanted 62. The loop of level b roads around the wetlands area were unrideable and cost us some mileage. It was much colder and way windier than I had anticipated. Feet and hands froze at different times in the ride. Started in Cedar Falls with Ben and headed out of town. The wind was blowing I'm guessing between 13-18 mph and originating in the northwest...and blowing directly in our faces. You can check out the loop, all the riding northwest was the beginning, the straight line is running into what would have for sure resulted in epic failure, and then home. It was still nice to be out for about five hours with no real stops aside from the occasional bacon craving or trying to dig the pop-tart out of your feed bag. Ended up riding the Crosscheck, and I think we would have been faster on mtn bikes... even the singlespeeds. Whatever though. I am happy to have my 4th ride over 50 miles in on the 2nd of February, and even having to take two weeks off. Oh and I am always going to do this countdown kind of thing in regards to rides, it'll be like "my thing". This ride consisted of: 54 miles, 965 ft of climbing, 4795 calories burned, 4 pop-tarts, 4 beef sticks, 1 larabar, 4 frozen feet, 6 dogs, 4 turkeys (who I challenged to a gobble off, but lost), 1 unrideable loop.

Post ride included: 2 slices of sausage pizza, 1 roast beef sandwich, 1 Mtn Dew throwback (I love these), and 1 milky way.

P.S. I got to try out my new light for a solid hour and a half, and it looked good. Rode with it helmet mounted and the battery in my jersey pocket. I hope to post up some good pictures of it, and my other light ala mtbr's light comparisons.

1 comment:

  1. Good milage. I heard Pop tarts might make the banned list. :-)

    ReplyDelete