Monday, February 1, 2010

Metric 2

Alright, on a day rest I am heading up with Aaron to meet Shockey in Cedar Falls and ride the 64 mile route dubiously name Fatty McFat-Fat. A strange name if you ask me due to the lack of any type of refueling stop... so Starvey McStarve-Starve may be a better name. 64 miles is a really good distance I think: short enough that you can give a good hard effort without worrying about conserving until the end, but long enough to give you experience feeding and staying hydrated while on the bike. I am not sure what bike to ride. The Eriksen would be a little too slow for this endeavor I think, the gryphon could be a good choice with the Edge wheels, I'd just have to switch to 17t from the 16t and rotate the bb... cake... OOOOORRRRR I could ride the Crosscheck singled out. 39 x 16. I have the needed parts, but I just don't know if I want to go to that trouble tomorrow... soooo I think maybe the gryphon wins with a gear swap. I want to get some miles on the gryphon this year, as I think it may see some xc trail and maybe even race time this year. I'll put up the full ride report and garmin info tomorrow night after the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment