Saturday, February 13, 2010

Missing riding

Long time no post. It's been a pretty hectic week. No riding and other stressors like school are starting to affect me. I need to get my butt back on the bike, and soon. Maybe tomorrow, but a back-up plan of skiing and maybe racquetball is already in development. Planning for another century with Steve... actually Steve has to plan this one, I bet it goes northeast. I have been nerding out about two bikes lately. I, per usual do not necessarily need either of these bikes but these are the two concepts that I have been thinking: New gravel/cross bike... Kyle really intrigued me today or fixed gear 29er. I do really want a nice quality gravel bike that can also be a bona fide cross bike if I ever choose to. Kyle sparked my interest in a Rock Lobster Tig Team S.L. frame. It has a lot of upside: I think I could get it with sliders, tire clearance, custom geometry, matching fork probably. Kyle also talked up the guys there a lot and I know he has some interest in them as well. I think I am going tubeless for gravel wheels, so that plus a few other things would equal a sweet ride. The other choice is something I have been kind of obsessing about is a Surly Karate Monkey run fixed with a front brake. Racing Ralph 2.4's front and rear with maybe a Groovy Cycleworks luv handle. I don't know why I have been thinking about this so much lately. I think that it would be so cool in the winter on like snowmobile trails and gravel. I am thinking about lacing it up with some Flows so it would probably be burly but I figure I'll probably be running like 32x18 and just spinning around town. I think that certain trails at sugar could be really sweet i.e. the climbs on the south side. Hopefully I'll get some riding time in and get some major thinking done. Ride reports coming soon I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment