Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Project Starting

Good things are happening. Good things...









































The Soul Cycles Dillinger should be here on Thursday, and other parts showed up today. This is
kind of Frankenbiking trying to keep cost down as much as possible. The brake and seatpost are coming from the Pugsley (which got Sram X9 hubs, and Larry), the saddle is Aaron's old Inform, the Surly hubs came off the wheels that were on the Gryphon, and the Racing Ralph 2.4's are just here. The new stuff looks good. The wheels built up nicely, and the Tomicog looks really cool, as do the white spokes. It will be interesting to try and find good gear ratios. I am thinking 34x19 and 36x19 are going to be my two starting attempts. The Eriksen has a King bottom bracket sitting here waiting to go in, but I figure I'll just kill the Truvativ one I have before I put in the King bling. My goal is to have all the bikes up and running by the summer. They may not all be in finalized states, but at least running. I need some wheels for the cross bike or road bike, the Pugsley needs wheels built up and shifting figured out, Eriksen is fine, Gryphon has color issues: orange hubs with purple nips- bought a green headset but now think I'll use orange.

The next few days I'll be on the trainer, and depending on the weather, I may go out for a nice night ride after class on Thursday... if the frame shows up.

1 comment:

  1. if it helps with gearing choice, i ran 37x16 on low tread 38's fixed at trans last year and have stuck with it. bigger tires, riding preferences and the difference between riding gravel vs. trails will obviously affect things.

    ReplyDelete