Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New tools, new bike

Ooh, I am kinda sore today. My lower back was quite tight this morning, probably due to trying to stay tucked in for two hours yesterday. Just about an hour of yoga tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a weird, broken up day so I am going to bring the gps and may spend some time in parking ramps and climbing hills around town to get in a workout. To help me feel better about being sore I ate good food and bought bike stuff. Made some homemade chicken strips with thai chili sauce, worked out pretty well. Good things happened today: got new, previously ordered, wheelbuilding tools, and ordered the frame and needed parts for the fixie 29er. Wheelbuilding is so much fun, and I have been lucky to get so much experience doing it at work. I finally bought a Park tensiometer, a new nice spoke wrench, and tilting base for the truing stand. I have a few wheels coming in the future to be built and I am excited to use all this stuff.
One pair of wheels will be the set of Surly hubs from the Gryphon laced to some new Flows. I am currently debating white spokes... but I think that may be excessive. Either way the Racing Ralph 2.4's are going on. These will be under a Soul Cycles Dillinger. I ordered their frame and fork in root beer brown, with a purple ebb. The only choices are: blue, red, or purple so that seemed like an obvious choice. I am ordering a Salsa 17 degree bar, white FSA headset, GX1's, and a Truvativ Stylo crankset. I am iffy on the crankset... I may change it up. I am robbing some other bikes for the remaining parts. I'm going to start by running it fixed 34x18 with the tomicog, but I'll have the 17t White Industry freewheel on the other side. I am excited to build this thing up, I think it will be the perfect bike for short, easy cruising recovery rides, and snowmobile trails. Agent is really excited for it, as am I.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not a fan of the stylos...if you end up getting them, put loctite on the aluminum crank-arm bolt. i've had good luck with race face and middleburns.

    ReplyDelete